OXFORD, Miss. – The Men’s Lacrosse Club at the University of Mississippi, a member of the MCLA Division I and SouthEastern Lacrosse Conference (SELC), has opened the search for a head coach.
The Men’s Lacrosse Club at the University of Mississippi is currently accepting applications for the position of head coach for the men’s lacrosse club. The head coach is responsible for the development and guidance of the team on and off the field.
The philosophy of the Sport Club program is to emphasize student leadership and participation. The coach/instructor/volunteer should focus his/her contributions to those involving coaching skills and knowledge of the game. He/She is encouraged to assist with team leadership and membership development.
Essential duties include directing and supervising assistant and/or volunteer coaches; designing and executing a training regimen. Additionally, the coach may be asked to assist student officers in maintaining/building relationships with alumni/friends of the program; player and team development; team management (i.e. scheduling, budget management, team travel, equipment/apparel management, personnel management).
The Head Coach of the Men’s Lacrosse Club at the University of Mississippi is not an employee of the University of Mississippi.
Core Duties In conjunction with club officers:
• Maintain/enhance team cohesiveness/culture for excellence on and off the field.
• Work closely with the rest of the coaching staff to instruct players on team concepts.
• Design and execute practice plans.
• Determine travel/competition roster.
• Set starting line-ups for games.
• Attend all scheduled practices and games.
• Travel with the team to all away contests.
• Instruct members on skills and techniques, in a constructive manner.
• Work collaboratively with team officers and the Sport Club Administration to develop and achieve program goals.
• Support/enhance fundraising efforts for ongoing operation of the Sport Club program.
• Represent the team in regional or national meetings with other coaches or organizations.
• Enforce and comply with all policies and procedures established by the University of Mississippi, Department of Campus Recreation, and the MCLA, while also serving as a positive role model for the program and the University.
The coach shares responsibility for promoting and maintaining the integrity and reputation of the University of Mississippi, the Department of Campus Recreation and it’s sport club program. In fulfilling the responsibility of this position, the person hired is required to comply with both the letter and spirit of all University of Mississippi, Department of Campus Recreation and it’s sport club program policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws, and league and national governing body rules and regulations.
Coaches must be recommended by the club officers and renew their application each academic year. Continuation of coaching/instructing duties is not a right and will be voted upon by the Club membership.
Certifications & Licenses
• Meet and maintain any SELC & MCLA League requirements throughout the duration of each season.
• It is recommended that the Head Coach be certified in CPR, First Aid, and AED.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Previous experience playing or coaching lacrosse at the collegiate level
• Compensation is commensurate with experience.
• All compensation will be provided by the Men’s Lacrosse Club. The coach is not an employee of the University of Mississippi and will not receive compensation or benefits from the University.
Candidates should submit a cover letter, résumé and a list of three references to Joseph Molina, president of the men’s lacrosse program.
Final offers of appointment are contingent upon meeting all requirements for coaches and instructors set forth by the Department of Campus Recreation, and the successful completion of a background check.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.