SANTA BARBARA, Calif. -- The UCSB men’s lacrosse team is looking to fill an assistant coach position for the 2021-2022 season.
The Gauchos compete in the Men’s Collegiate Lacrosse Association (MCLA) Division I as a member of the Western Collegiate Lacrosse League (WCLL). The program has over 50 years of history, and the Gauchos have won two MCLA National Championships and seven WCLL conference titles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend practices (4-6pm weekdays) and games on the weekends
- Assist the Head Coach with daily practice planning, scouting opponents, and game plans
- Employ a positive communication style to enhance the growth and development of the players
- Assist in developing and teaching concepts for improving players’ knowledge of the game
- Assist the Head Coach in recruiting
- Assist with team fundraisers and communication with parents and alumni
- Experience with the offensive and defensive side of the ball will be considered
- Prior high school, collegiate, or professional playing and/or coaching experience preferred
- Ability to represent the UCSB Lacrosse program’s standards on the field and in the community
- Salary commensurate with experience and comparable to other top MCLA programs
- This is a 10 month part time position
- Additional income opportunities are possible through camps and local youth programs
The position will remain open until filled. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to UCSB Head Coach Mike Allan at [email protected]